CalStuMi Missions Team Blog

If you would like to contribute to the Hungary Missions Team, please click Here to give online or mail your contribution to: Calvary Baptist Church, 1140 Rush Ave., Bellefontaine, Ohio 43311.

Monday, July 6, 2015

Day 2 (Monday)

Today was a very fun day for our group! We got to help clean out the dirty lake, which was actually a little fun once you got used to the smell and the feel of the algae and the vines. But for me personally, I got to meet an amazing little boy. His name is Matthew, he is 7 years old, and he was in the class I was teaching for English. He has four brothers and sisters, and he's the smallest one. While I was helping teach, I noticed his mom was with him in the group. The more I watched him, I realized he was a little bit mentally disabled. His thoughts didn't come out as quickly as others. I started talking to his mom, and he soon came up and started slowly talking. Matthew is honestly the sweetest boy, even if his mental ability is slower than others. His mom had me take him to the cafeteria, and he talked and talked. One thing that God had taught me through that experience is that anyone can influence you at anyone, and in my case, it was through an awesome 7-year-old boy.
                                                                                                                       - Amanda Koons

No comments:

Post a Comment